EMERGENCIES & REFILLS
If you are experiencing a medical emergency call 911 or go to your local emergency department.
TO REACH DR. LAUER AFTER HOURS
Dial 207-989-2386 and press option "6." The auto-operator will connect you to Dr. Lauer or his coverage staff.
OUR TELEPHONE DIRECTORY
Ext 1= for physicians only
Ext 2= medication refills
Ext 3= Billing or insurance questions
Ext 4= Referrals
Ext 5= Appointments or speak to front office staff
Ext 6= After hours urgent calls to reach Dr. Lauer’s cell phone
If you need to be seen urgently Mon-Fri, call us as early as possible. We open at 6:00am.
Call the office at 207-989-2326. Choose option 2, leave your name, date of birth, medicatoin name & dose, pharmacy name, and your preference for 30 or 90 day quantity. All Rx refills are handled within 24 hours.
NARCOTIC PRESCRIPTION REFILLS
If you are on pain medication or other controlled substances, these need to be requested on Mondays through Thursdays. We cannot guarantee to get this handled before the weekend if you call us on Friday.
COURTESTY ON-CALL SERVICES
Dr. Lauer is often, but not always, available for after-hours questions. Since he covers the practice 24/7/365 and is a solo-physician, please use common sense and fair-judgement before trying to reach him. Use these general guidelines:
1. If you are experiencing a true emergency, go to the local emergency department and do not waste time trying to reach Dr. Lauer.
2. If the matter is simple and clearly self-limited (like a cough or cold), wait until the next business day and call us at or after 6:00am. We will try to get you in urgently.
3. If you are uncertain whether to wait or go to the E.R., then try reaching Dr. Lauer for guidance.
4. Do not rely upon Courtesy On-Call Services for routine prescription refills
5. Understand that Maine State regulations limit the type of care provided over the phone. The medical board sanctions physicians for treating conditions over the phone for conditions which they have not personally laid eyes or hands upon.